Request for Expressions of Interest for Madinah 3 Independent Sewage Treatment Plant
Vision 2030 recognises the critical importance of ensuring the future reliable provision of sewage treatment services for the quality of life of residents of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (“KSA”). To meet sewage treatment requirements, the Saudi Water Partnership Company (“SWPC”) has launched a programme to commission a further round of new Independent Sewage Treatment Plants (“ISTPs”). SWPC is therefore pleased to invite expression of interest (“EOI”) in respect of the development of a new ISTPs namely Madinah 3 ISTP (the “Project”). Madinah 3 ISTP will have a total ultimate treatment capacity of 375,000 m3/day. It will be located in the city of Madinah in western Saudi Arabia. SWPC will conduct a competitive process to select a developer or developer consortium for the development, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, implementation, ownership, operation, maintenance and transfer of the Project, together with associated infrastructure and facilities. Under a 25-year Sewage Treatment Agreement (“STA”) with SWPC, a project company is to be incorporated to develop the Project and will treat the entire sewage capacity supplied by SWPC. SWPC’s obligations under the STA will be supported by a credit support agreement from the Government of Saudi Arabia. SWPC requests the following:
- Interested parties should express their interest to participate in the tender process by no later than 04 February 2020. Interested parties should submit their EOI in electronic copy in PDF format to:
- Mr. Khaled bin Zwaid AlQureshi,
- Mr. Duncan Grant Allison,
- The EOI should specify at least the following information:
- Name of the interested party;
- Headquarter location (country);
- Name and contact details (postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address) for the appropriate point of contact (“Point of Contact”) to whom all future correspondence will be addressed; and
- Where the interested party is considering potential consortium partners, an indication of such intention and details of potential consortium partners (to the extent it is known).
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (DIFC Branch – Dubai) as Lead and Financial Adviser;
- DLA Piper as Legal Adviser; and
- WS Atkins & Partners Overseas Engineering Consultants as Technical Adviser.