Request for Expressions of Interest for Al-Ahsa & Eastern Province Independent Strategic Water Reservoir Project
In accordance with the Saudi Vision 2030 and the National Water Strategy 2030, the Kingdom aims to improve the water sector’s resilience and its ability to respond to emergencies and disruptions as well as to provide peak load management of water demand. Among the main objectives of this strategy is to increase water storage to 7 days of water demand by 2030. The Kingdom seeks to achieve these goals through the Independent Strategic Water Storage Program (“ISWR”), by developing a set of strategic storage projects in the Kingdom’s regions.
Saudi Water Partnership Company S.M.L.L.C (“SWPC”) is pleased to invite the submission of expressions of interest (“EOI”) in respect of the potential development of the Project consisting of :
- Eastern Province independent strategic water reservoir, which will be constructed with an indicative water storage capacity of 3,510,000 m3;
- Al-Ahsa independent strategic water reservoir which will be constructed with an indicative water storage capacity of 1,389,000 m3.
The Project will include water reservoirs and all the associated infrastructure and facilities.
SWPC intends to conduct a competitive tender to select a private sector developer (or developer consortium) for the development, financing, procurement, implementation, operation, maintenance and transfer (“BOOT”) of the Project. The successful bidder, through a project company to be incorporated, will provide the required storage capacity to SWPC under a 30-Year Water Storage Agreement (“WSA”). SWPC’s obligations under the WSA will be supported by a credit support agreement from the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SWPC now requests the following:
- Interested parties should express their interest to participate in the tender process by no later than January 6, 2022. Interested parties should submit their EOI in electronic format (in PDF) to:
Mr. Khaled bin Zwaid AlQureshi,
Saudi Water Partnership Company S.M.L.L.C,
Floor 19, Moon Tower, King Fahad Road,
Riyadh 12341, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Email address: AhsaEastern.ISWR@swpc.sa
- The EOI should specify as a minimum the following information:
- Name of the interested party;
- Headquarter location (country);
- Name and contact details (postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address) for the appropriate point of contact (“Point of Contact”) to whom all future correspondence will be addressed; and
- Where the interested party is considering potential consortium partners, an indication of such intention and details of potential consortium partners (to the extent it is known).
The advisors on the Project are:
- Synergy Consulting IFA Inc. as Lead and Financial Adviser;
- Amer Al Amr Law Firm as Legal Adviser; and
- WSP Middle East Limited as Technical Adviser.