Request for Expressions of Interest for Ras Mohaisen Independent Water Project
Saudi Water Partnership Company S.M.L.L.C (“SWPC”) is pleased to invite the submission of expressions of interest (“EOI”) in respect of the potential development of an Independent Water Project (“IWP”) to be designed using Reverse Osmosis seawater desalination technology. The desalination plant will be located in Ras Mohaisen, 300 km south of Makkah, on the coast of the Red Sea in the Western Province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the “Project”). Power supply to the Project will be provided from the Saudi Electricity Company’s high voltage network. The Project is to be constructed with a 300,000 m3/day potable water capacity and will include the desalination plant and all associated infrastructure and facilities.
SWPC intends to conduct a competitive tender process to select a developer (which may be a developer consortium) for the development, financing, procurement, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Project. The successful bidder, through a project company to be incorporated, would develop the Project and sell the entire capacity and output to SWPC under a 25 year concession pursuant to a Water Purchase Agreement (“WPA”). SWPC’s obligations under the WPA will be supported by a credit support agreement from the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SWPC requests the following:
- Interested parties should express their interest to participate in the tender process by no later than [5th November 2020]. Interested parties should submit their EOIs in electronic format (in PDF) to:
• Mr. Khaled bin Zwaid AlQureshi
Saudi Water Partnership Company S.M.L.L.C,
Floor 19, Moon Tower, King Fahad Road,
Riyadh 12341, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Email address: email@example.com
• Mr. Hussein Elhoujeiri
KPMG Al Fozan & Partners
Riyadh Front, Airport Road
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, P.O. 92876 Riyadh,11663
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The EOI should specify, at a minimum, the following information:
• Name of the interested party;
• Name and contact details (postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address) of the appropriate point of contact (“Point of Contact”) to whom all future correspondence will be addressed; and
• Where the interested party is considering potential consortium partners, an indication of such intention and details of potential consortium partners (to the extent it is known).
The advisors on the Project are:
• KPMG Al Fozan & Partners as Lead Advisor and Financial Advisor;
• Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP as Legal Advisor; and
• WSP as Technical Advisor.