Request for Expressions of Interest for Ras Mohaisen – Baha – Makkah Independent Water Transmission Pipeline
The Saudi National Water Strategy (NWS 2030), in accordance with the Saudi Vision 2030, recognizes the critical importance of ensuring sustainable development of the Kingdom’s water resources while providing affordable high-quality services. Amongst the key goals under NWS 2030 are i) to reduce the water demand supply gap in the Kingdom; and ii) to provide 90% of national urban supply by desalinated water to reduce reliance on non-renewable ground sources.
Through the Independent Water Transmission Pipeline (“IWTP”) program, the Saudi Government aims to achieve the aforementioned goals, by developing the necessary potable Water Transmission Systems (WTS) network comprising of pipelines and interim/terminal storage facilities to provide critical connectivity between the consumption centers and the upcoming desalination plants. As this program includes a group of water transmission line projects, including the Ras Mohaisen – Al Baha – Makkah IWPT, with a transmission capacity up to 400,000 cubic meters per day, and lengths of 300 km.
Saudi Water Partnership Company (“SWPC”) is therefore pleased to invite Expressions of Interest (“EOI”) in respect of the development of Ras Mohaisen-Baha-Makkah IWTP (the “Project”) of the Western Supply Group. SWPC will conduct a competitive process to select a developer or developer consortium to develop the Project on a Build, Own, Operate and Transfer (“BOOT”) basis. The project company developing the Project will provide the entire transmission capacity to SWPC under a Water Transmission Agreement (“WTA”). The term of the WTA is expected to be up to 35 years. SWPC’s obligations under the WTA will be supported by a credit support agreement entered into by the Ministry of Finance on behalf of the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SWPC now requests the following:
- Interested parties should express their interest to participate in the tender process by no later than 6 May 2021. Interested parties should submit their EOI in electronic format (in PDF) to:
Mr. Khaled bin Zwaid AlQureshi,
Saudi Water Partnership Company S.M.L.L.C,
Floor 19, Moon Tower, King Fahad Road,
Riyadh 12341, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Email address: RasMohaisen.IWTP@swpc.sa
- The EOI should specify as a minimum the following information:
- Name of the interested party;
- Headquarter location (country);
- Name and contact details (postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address) for the appropriate point of contact (“Point of Contact”) to whom all future correspondence will be addressed; and
- Where the interested party is considering potential consortium partners, an indication of such intention and details of potential consortium partners (to the extent it is known).
The advisors on the Project are:
- Synergy Consulting IFA Inc. as Lead and Financial Adviser;
- Amer Al Amr Law Firm as Legal Adviser;
- Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG as Technical Adviser.